"Tethys Engineering is offering us the opportunity to access the talent at ASU (Arizona State University) in a very flexible and efficient way. We see this as an excellent complement to our small engineering team"Vocational Truck Manufacturer - AZ, 2015
When we started, we were asked the following question all the time: "what would students be able to do?". Convinced that with some directions, the engineers in our colleges could surprise the biggest skeptics and create real value for a wide variety of customers. Here are a few examples that made a difference for those first few customers:
- Developing Solidworks models that can be driven from a table/spreadsheet to rapidly adjust to the various system configurations needed
- Creating a full set of drawing with the appropriate geometric tolerancing and dimensioning needed to ensure that the manufactured components will assemble without any issues.
- Converting a library of 2D drawings into 3D models to improve the overall design to manufacturing process.
- Modifying a large series of 3D models in order to fine tune the decision and prepare for the manufacturing of production injection molds.
- Developing the first 3D design for a startup launching a new product line after securing a set of US patents.
This demonstrate that students can efficiently contribute to various activities of various engineering department. With the right guidance and leveraging Tethys Engineering collaboration environment, students can not only complement the full time staff but allow a redistribution of tasks to make everyone more productive.